Thursday, March 28, 2013

19 down

19 pounds that is. 19. Whoa. I never thought that I would allow myself to get to the point where I had to lose that much. I still have 6 to go. But I did. I love food. That wasn't an excuse to find myself somewhere between overweight and obese.

I was at a healthy weight and then I got pregnant, 18 weeks and some baby weight later I had a miscarriage. I went into labor and there was nothing that caused it and there was no stopping it. It shook my world, my core, my everything. I found comfort in food, my dogs, my family, my husband, and my couch. I gained a few pounds, but I didn't bother to think about it. "Once I get on my feet, I'll do something about it." Well that's what I told myself. I kept eating and kept laying on the couch.

Six months later we found out I was pregnant. I was PREGNANT!! Hmm, not a good time to lose weight. But I felt good about my weight. I didn't have much to lose. "It's ok, I'll be good and won't have much to lose." Boy was I wrong.

I continued to indulge and I started having issues with retaining water and the number on the scale kept creeping up. I remember one time I went in to see the dr and I had gained 5 lbs in one week. I blamed it on being 9 months pregnant and it being the dead of summer in Texas.

I had my son and when he was about to be a year old I decided to start taking my body back. I started eating better and exercising. I started to lose weight, I was feeling good about myself and then I found out I was pregnant again. "Well, there goes that", I thought. My focus was on the life being created. Eating healthy, drinking water, going on walks. But I do love food. I had my son and the birth was a little traumatic. But I found myself at the heaviest I have ever been. EVER.

This past holiday season I was not happy at the number on the scale. I knew I wasn't being healthy for my family. The family that needs me. The family I love. A really good friend of mine was promoting an online weight challenge. I thought, "Why not?" It will hold me accountable for what I eat. My first goal was don't gain any weight. It's hard to do over the holidays. When it was over I had managed to lose 3 lbs. I was so proud. So when she announced another weight loss challenge I was game.

The second week of January I stopped in a Medifast clinic and asked questions. I signed up and started their program. It consists of eating 5 MF meals and one lean & green meal. So six meals a day. The first is an hour from waking up and then 2-3 hours afterwards.

I'm loving watch my husband do it with me. I love to see my family eat healthy. I love cooking for my family.

I've lost 19 lbs. I'm currently doing the most recent weight loss challenge. I've got 6 more lbs to go. I'm at a weight from before I had the kids. Once I get to my goal weight, I'm going to focus on toning. Right now, my focus is weight loss with some toning.

My Stats:
highest weight: 140
lowest weight: 105
current weight: 111
goal weight: 105
next goal weight: 115 (toning up and putting on 10 lbs of muscle)
height: 5’0″
size: 4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers