Saturday, April 3, 2010

A year ago

I can't believe that a year has gone by. It seems like it was just a couple of weeks ago, but not a day goes by that I don't think of our precious angel baby who was with us for such a short time.

I am grateful for the 16 weeks we DID have and to know that B has an angel looking over him at all times.

Life always throws curveballs but I think it's how you handle them that matters.

I am lucky because I have had such a great support system to overcome the rollercoaster of emotions that came with the loss of a loved one. My husband, family, friends, my faith and my FIF's. I love you all and I'm SO grateful for every piece of advice, hug, card, text, email & phone call.

I couldn't have come out of this experience with a glass-half-full perspective if it weren't for my loving and patient husband. On the days that I all I needed was a friend, he was it. If all I needed was him to sit there in silence with me. He did and sat there for as long as I needed. He knew exactly what I needed when I didn't even know what I needed. I can't even put into words everything that he did for me.

I love you babe! I know this wasn't easy for either of us. I thank my lucky stars to have my best friend as my husband.

2 comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers